Biyernes, Mayo 3, 2013

FEATURED: Nina Nesbitt

Nina Nesbitt
In many ways, Nina Nesbitt is a typical teen. She thinks about boys and growing up, mistakes made and lessons learnt, while watching the world change around her. But behind the bright blonde mane and the soft Scottish brogue is an 18 year old with extraordinary talent and a rare determination. Nesbitt doesn’t just brood about typical teen issues, she sets them, bewitchingly, to song.


“I was an extremely shy kid,” she says. “But from the age of 6, I wrote short stories, which I started putting to music when I got a keyboard at ten.”

One of the first songs she wrote on guitar, Standing On One Leg, about growing up, broke her in to the music business after a chance meeting with Ed Sheeran at a radio gig in Edinburgh last summer.

 “I was chatting to him and asked for tips on becoming a singer,” says Nesbitt. “He handed me his guitar and told me to play something. I sang Standing On One Leg, nervously, but I must have done okay because Ed immediately offered me a gig in Glasgow.”


She turned down offers from labels to sign her. She wanted to build her fanbase and develop her sound.

~

I found her on YouTube last December 2012 (I think) and I loved her ever since.

Fell in love with this song from the moment she pressed the keys:



This one is so catchy:


People have been saying she's the female version of Ed Sheeran. I honestly disagree. She gives me a different vibe. I don't like comparing artists.
I also love her sense of fashion (just putting it out there).
She is amazingly talented so don't hesitate to click the play button. Try and listen to her other songs/covers too!

Buy her singles/EP here
Nina Nesbitt Website
Follow Nina on Twitter

*All information about Nina Nesbitt in this post was from Wikipedia and her website.

0 (mga) komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento