Biyernes, Mayo 10, 2013

FEATURED: The Lighthouse and the Whaler


The Lighthouse and the Whaler


The Lighthouse and the Whaler is a band from Cleveland, Ohio, though its name alludes to the waters off the coast of Massachusetts. Inspired by a theme from Moby Dick, the band's name alone is enough to make underpaid Literature teachers beam with pride.




It all started with two musicians -- Michael LoPresti and Aaron Smith -- who decided to collaborate in a field one sunny afternoon because that seemed nicer than playing in a basement. By the end of the day they had written their first song. They gave it a profound name: "The Field Song." When it was selected for a Paste Sampler CD, Aaron and Michael decided to make a proper run at it.

The Lighthouse and the Whaler released a four-song EP in 2008 and a self-titled/produced/released album in 2009. Two songs from that album -- "White Days" and "Under Mountain, Under Ground" -- found their way to TV and radio. With more fans to play for, The Lighthouse and the Whaler hit the road and toured across America. Somewhere between Boston and Seattle, the band picked up three new members -- Matthew, Mark and Steve – thereafter, fulfilling the prophesy that was to be five young men stuffed in a forest green Chevy Venture, searching for open ears and loyal hearts.



The Lighthouse and the Whaler plays indie-pop and does not believe that genre labels tell you anything you need to know about a band. It has nevertheless caught the attention of MTV, Paste, FILTER, Spinner, Under the Radar, Daytrotter, KEXP and other media outlets that cater to indie-pop music fans.

~
I found them on YouTube just a month ago. They are now my favorite band.
They're the type of band that I call my own. At first, I didn't want to share their great music because I really don't like it when people (I personally know that are not indie fans) like my artists and claim that they found them first. But then I thought, they're really good and people seriously need to hear their music. So I pushed away my greed and then TA DAAA. 
Enjoy! THEY'RE SERIOUSLY AMAZING. YOU WILL NOT REGRET LISTENING TO THEM AT ALL.





I am going to end this blog post with my personal favorite. This one's soo good. It's great to listen to it while travelling. Or like make it as a background song to your travelling videos. It's just simply great to listen to even if it's all just repeating. That's one thing I love about them. Plus this one is super catchy.


Buy their singles/EPs/album here. (or just search them on iTunes)

*All information about TLATW came from their website.

0 (mga) komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento